JetHead is a cutting edge, embedded software company located in Carlsbad, California, 30 miles north of San Diego. We provide software products and services to a wide array of top-tier companies. Our primary focus is on set-top box and Smart TV platforms, in the consumer electronics, satellite and cable markets. Our goal is to help our customers create great products and we work with our customers in all phases of a project. Our R&D department is currently demonstrating advanced RVU RUI and DLNA RUI solutions for the distribution of premium operator content throughout the home network. Here are the currently available positions:
160719: Embedded Software Engineer (Linux Set Top Box) (Carlsbad) (Apply here)
We are looking for extremely talented software engineers to join our R&D team. They will be involved in the complete development cycle to design, build, and deliver high quality software for a variety of products including RVU servers and clients (www.rvualliance.org). These products are destined for consumer electronics markets around the world and include TVs, Tablets, Set Top Boxes, Video Game Consoles and much more.
The job involves new product development as well as porting existing software to new platforms and operating systems. At any time we typically have several projects ongoing, typical team size on a project is 2-8. Most code is C++ and you must be proficient at advanced C++ concepts and design principles. We look for team members that have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We work with a large variety of platforms so you must be versatile and able to learn new environments quickly. We are pushing the edge on what’s possible all the time, so we want creative thinkers and problem solvers.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong C++ skills mandatory with some C required
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Must be familiar with revision control including use of SVN and preferably Git
- Experience developing/ debugging multi-threaded embedded systems
- Experience with Client/Server Software Development
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without requiring visa sponsorship
- 2+ yrs work experience
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of OpenGL, EGL, DirectFB
- Familiarity with MPEG encoding and transport
- Other useful domain-specific knowledge includes:
- Television and Set-top Box Software
- Agile Development Process
No contractors or telecommuters or recruiters please.
Standard Benefit package: 401K, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, PTO/Holidays, etc.
Check for JetHead job postings using INDEED.COM here.
Check for JetHead job postings using CRAIGSLIST here.